Clark Wilson LLP is a thriving and collegial regional law firm that provides an excellent platform for business-minded professionals. Based in Vancouver, the firm serves a diverse client base spanning entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 corporations, in industries including clean technology, social media, software, hardware, and video games. Though our client base is diverse, our approach to client service is consistent: we strive to provide responsive, thoughtful, and comprehensive legal representation, while remaining open to new ideas and innovative approaches.
Associate, Private Company Transactions
Due to growth, our Private Company Transactions group is seeking a 2-4 year call associate, with 1-4 years of experience in private company M&A and corporate commercial practice.
Required Skills and Experience include the following:
- Experience in running transactions from start to finish, including negotiating LOIs and NDAs;
- Drafting and negotiating Asset Purchase Agreements and Share Purchase Agreements;
- Preparation of ancillary documentation;
- Clear understanding of undertakings and dealing with cash and trust accounts; and
- Experience in leasing, IP, bank financing and a general understanding of employment law would be an asset.
Additionally, candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- a client centered approach, with excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- the ability to handle the volume of a busy practice;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail; the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, confidentiality, solve problems, and handle a high level of responsibility;
- ability to keep senior lawyers apprised at all times;
- strong analytical and drafting skills;
- entrepreneurial spirit with ambition to build a long term practice and have an eye out for partnership; and
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a large collegial team.
We are always on the lookout for talented professionals to contribute to our provision of legal services, and to help manage our business operations. We offer a professional and challenging work environment, with a competitive benefits package.
If you are interested in joining the Clark Wilson team you may forward your resume in confidence to: